Over the years our objectives have focussed on:
- fighting increased housing density and associated increase in traffic and loss of amenity through property developer-led back garden development
- working towards reducing traffic congestion
- supporting local traders and businesses and camapigning for improved parking provision for the high street
- supporting the Local Safer Neighbourhood Team
Recent campaigns have included:
- opposing the impact of increased traffic congestion from proposed expansion of The Hamptons.
- opposing the location of a proposed mosque with no parking provision at the most traffic congested junction in Worcester Park.
We work with Sutton Council other local community organisations through the Cheam North and Worcester Park Local Committee.
Terms Of Reference
At our December 2015 committee meeting it was agreed that the WPRA mandate would be defined by the following Terms Of Reference:
- To be a lobbying group to the three local Worcester Park councils.
- To improve amenities for Worcester Park residents.
- To promote community consultation in planning decisions.
- To raise awareness of the WPRA.
- To be the voice of the local area.
In addition to the AGM held annually in May/June/July, the WPRA Committee meets throughout the year (phased as closely as possible to the dates of Sutton Council's Cheam North and Worcester Park Local Committee).
Please see our Meetings Page about our next meeting.
Minutes of meetings can be seen here.
All WPRA Meetings are open to Members. Members wishing to propose additional items of business for Agendas are requested to submit these in advance of the meetings by email.
Non-Members are welcome to submit comments and suggestions at any time, and also attend the AGM and other Public Meetings of the Association.
Download our Constituition here